Friday, January 27, 2012

Something Done

It's incredible to me how difficult it can be at times to carve out time to sew. With three little ones under the age of five clamoring for attention at all hours, there are days when the door to the sewing room just has to stay closed. However there are those magical afternoons when I can grab five minutes here and there to get something done, and before I realize it...I actually got something done! Today was mercifully one of those days, and I was able to finish a quilt top that I've been planning for a friend of mine using charm squares from Kate Spain's gorgeous new line of Good Fortune fabric. I'll post a full shot of the lap quilt when it's done.

As a bonus, I finally put together a quick pincushion after months of procrastination. I had been wanting to sit down with a pattern and do it right, but I just couldn't face trying to manage my pins again without something to hold them. So I grabbed a few scraps of Ruby by Bonnie & Camille and improvised. The pincushion actually fits perfectly next my machine, held in place by the cords at the end. All in all, I'm feeling pretty satisfied tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I so agree - sometimes with 3 little ones any sewing at all feels like. Major accomplishment! love the pin cushion- how clever to hold in place with the cords!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...