Thursday, August 16, 2012

Retro Clock Clutch


A friend of mine is moving up north to start a new job. I wanted to make her a little something before she left, so I put together this clutch with some fabrics from my Melody Miller stash. The red and aqua color combination is always a favorite with me, and these clocks are so fun. I used the dimensions of the Uptown Clutch pattern from Bags: the Modern Classics as my guide, though my version looks completely different from the original which you can see on the cover of the book.


I'm hoping that this clutch will be something that she can use while she's out and about in her new life. I will miss her terribly, but I'm so happy for her at the same time. Those people up north just don't know how blessed they are to get her...

Linking up to TGIFF.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love the clock fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape, and the inside fabric (I have seen it before but cannot remember what it is)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very sweet project! Sorry that you are losing a friend, but thankfully these days it's easier to stay in touch. I can identify, with a sister moving overseas this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, what a great clutch, this fabric is just amazing with the pattern you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great bag made with great fabrics. Your friend will love it! Do you use a snap tool or are those sewn on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lucky friend to be getting such a gorgeous clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that fabric! Your friend is going to love this- the lucky thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabric and clutch. Good luck to your friend on her moving adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heidi, you are such a good friend to make this clutch! It's so cute. I'm sure she'll love it.
    I've been thinking about that getting that book. I'm in a bit of a bag-making craze right now. Would you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The clutch fabric combo is terrific. So nice that your friend will have something to take with her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you get the fabric?

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...