Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Delicious


Christmas was a perfectly lovely day for us yesterday, and I hope it was the same for all of you. I haven't had the chance to link up with Debbie's Tuesdays at the Table this month, so I figured that I'd better get this post written while I had the chance. Some of my all time favorite cookies are the simple but delicious Rich Roll Cookies from The Joy of Cooking. I always roll them out a bit thicker than the recipe calls for -- half an inch instead of a quarter. Rather than mess around with cookie cutters, I usually just pile the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap, roll it into a log, refrigerate it for ten minutes, and then slice and bake. The large amount of butter involved makes them taste almost like shortbread. We usually top them with buttercream icing and sprinkles for a fun treat -- my family loves them this way.


I always bake a huge batch every Christmas, drizzle them with melted dark and white chocolate, and then sprinkle chopped Heath bar pieces all over them. Once they are cooled and packaged in cute holiday bowls or plates from Target, they make a perfect gift for friends and neighbors.

Have a sweet afternoon!

Linking up with Tuesdays at the Table.

6 comments:

  1. these look and sound sooooo yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack!! We sooo should be neighbors Heidi. You like to bake and make stuff and I love to eat and admire it!! LOL. Buttercream is where it's at. Yum and crap I just thought about baking something right now... at 10:20pm. HAHA going to bed though muST resist!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...